Comprehensive Facial Aesthetics Training
Hands-On Training in AHA, BHA, and Caustic Medical Grade Peels, Microneedling, and other Facial Rejuvenation Techniques.
Facial aesthetic services including chemical peel exfoliation, micro needling, and microdermabrasion procedures are the second most popular non-surgical procedure performed in the United States. There are over 10 million of these procedures performed annually and can be performed therapeutically as well as a preventative measure for skin rejuvenation. Patients of all ages are looking to preserve, protect, and correct their skin and the aesthetic and medical benefits of these types of exfoliation treatments are well documented.
The A.A.O.P.M. Facial Aesthetics Training compliments your other aesthetic services offered such as Botox® and dermal filler treatments allowing you to have a more complete aesthetic offering for your patients. Additionally, these procedures can be administered by others within your practice including RN(s), PA(s), NP(s), and other licensed medical professionals within your practice which will allow for a cost center within your practice to become income producing.
The A.A.O.P.M. Facial Aesthetics Training program will allow for you to understand the various skin conditions that can be corrected by the use of medical grade chemical peels, microdermabrasion, and the use of cosmeceuticals. What is attractive to patients is that these procedures can correct a large array of skin conditions that day salon treatments cannot effectively treat including:
- Solar Lentigos (sun damage)
- Acne Applications (adult acne / non-inflammatory)
- Age Spots (other pigmentation issues)
- Contrast of fine lines, wrinkles, and scars
- Skin tonicity/texture issues (melanin related)
Mesotherapy Training for the Face
The training will focus on the most popular medical grade chemical peels presently being utilized by physicians today including; AHA (Alpha-Hydroxy Acids), BHA (Beta-HydroxyAcids), Caustic Acids (TCA and New Self-Neutralizing Caustic Derivative Peels – i.e. VIP Peel), and combination peels (Jessners) for maintenance and collagen remodeling. Complete step-by-step protocols are instructed and given at the program as well as the science (mechanism of action/chemical ingredients) that allows for you to effectively treat a number of conditions presented by your patients. Special considerations will be given for other areas beyond the face including the use of chemical peels in the neck, décolleté, and hand areas. Micro needling and Microdermabrasion will also be discussed in detail as this procedure is the perfect combination or stand-alone treatment for facial rejuvenation. As part of the course you will learn about the various medical and non-medical microdermabrasion technologies available including; crystal systems, diamond tip, bristles, hydrodermabrasian units, and infusion systems.
Other topics discussed in detail include the incorporation of cosmeceuticals (physician grade/prescribed cosmetics) within your practice. Retail products represent a large percentage of revenue in any practice and how you incorporate these products is as important as to what products to offer. As part of the training you will receive information on the most popular brands, capital cost considerations, physician-only brands, and the need to have the correct marketing materials to allow for your front office and other personnel the tools to be able to sell these products.
What makes performing these facial aesthetics so rewarding is the fact that you are never too young or never too old to take care of your skin. Chemical peels and microdermabrasion (micropeel) are still the gold standard in dermatological care due to its controlled response and excellent rejuvenation qualities of increasing collagen production within tissues over time. Newer micro needling procedures allow for the elimination of stubborn static rhytids and creates a collagen remodeling effect and has other indicated uses (i.e. acne scars, cellulite). After the initial therapeutic use of chemical peels there is a need to maintain the benefits associated with these procedures and can create future revenue streams per month for years to come. Medical grade chemical exfoliation treatments are not day salon treatments and allow for complete penetration of the epidermal layers associated with a number of skin disorders. Learn how to safely administer the various types of peels and receive a full understanding of the benefits that these procedures can bring to your practice as well as a review of the various skin types and possible contraindications for use.
All course materials are included within the program including all medicines, standard protocols, prescribing information as well as all administrative forms (i.e. informed consents, medical questionnaire, pre/post treatment information, brochures, etc.) needed to immediately start performing these new “cash basis” procedures. Receive pricing and packaging information as well as practical marketing solutions to make these new procedures financially rewarding.
Facial Aesthetics Training Objectives
Upon successful completion of the A.A.O.P. M. Facial Aesthetics Training each attendee will become proficient and gain a full understanding of the following:
- Understand the correlation between PH, mechanism of action, and acid concentration of the various acids as to its use for a variety of medical conditions and aesthetic rejuvenation of skin.
- Learn the various skin classifications used as a treatment parameter for medical exfoliation treatments including; Lancer Type, Fitzpatrick, and Burton Scale for acne applications.
- Become proficient in applying these various peels including techniques, supplies, review of protocols, and after care including the use of cosmeceuticals to enhance these exfoliation treatments. Experience these peels during our hands-on training in the afternoon sessions.
- Receive the necessary training to follow “standard of care” protocols as it relates to these various exfoliation treatments and understand the science behind the use of these various AHA, BHA, and caustic acid solutions. Understand the correlation of using the correct peel, titrating to effective levels (PH/Concentration) and contraindications of use.
- Understand your options and receive training for micro needling and other combination and conjunctive treatments for enhanced skin rejuvenation.
- Learn about the commercial products that are “in-demand” for use in your aesthetic practice as well as the need to incorporate microdermabrasion as part of your aesthetic offering. Understand the popularity of these procedures as well as the benefits that these adjunct procedures can provide in enhancing other exfoliation treatments.
- Gain a full understanding of what cosmeceuticals can do as part of your aesthetic offering from an income standpoint and in enhancing other facial aesthetic procedures (lasers, chemical peels, prp, botox, dermal fillers). Learn how to incorporate retail into your business model for aesthetics and in establishing 1-2 commercial lines for your practice.
- Receive marketing techniques, materials, and a general understanding of the aesthetic market and various “cash basis” procedures that can be safely administered within your practice. Learn how to create “Patients for Life” as it relates to aesthetics.
Agenda – Facial Aesthetics Training
Hour by Hour Agenda may change, please call for specific times
Evaluation & Classification of different skin types, ie. Fitzpatrick, Lancer typAgenda – Facial Aesthetics Training
Hour by Hour Agenda may change, please call for specific times
Evaluation & Classification of different skin types, ie. Fitzpatrick, Lancer type, Burton Class for Acne, and the various treatment options for sun damaged, acne, or advanced anti-aging skin.
Anatomy & Physiology of the skin, The Aging Process, How Facial Aesthetics Helps restore a youthful appearance. Introduction to micro needling and correction of static rhytids and acne scarring. Indications for treatment, treatment areas, protocols, and after care considerations for micro needling.
How to perform Microdermabrasion safely and effectively, possible uses, purchasing options, and bundling of services (micropeel) including administrative aspects associated with who can perform these services.
Learn the various medical grade peels available including AHA (Alpha-Hydroxy), BHA (Beta-Hydroxy), Caustic acids and specialty peels available and their mechanism of action and indication for use. Review all the various protocols associated with the various peels (step-by-step instruction for each application).
Final review of the various medical grade chemical peels available, therapeutic options, and treatment protocols. Review pricing and packaging, bundling of services, and pricing strategies for the various services. Retail options associated with these new services including cosmeceuticals—their place in an Aesthetic practice, how to profitably add this new service, marketing strategies and business growth. Consultation considerations including patient treatment plans and structure for future services and creating “patients for life”.
Intensive Hands-on Sessions (live patients), Equipment, Supplies & Material for each procedure/peel supplied. During the session, each attendee will have the ability to perform micro needling procedures and administer the various chemical peels to live patients.
Our PHYSICIAN TRAINERS AND SPECIALISTS are highly credentialed in Aesthetics, Anti Aging, Medicine, Pain Management, and Surgery. The AAOPM has worked with these instructors for many years and we are happy with the positive feedback we continue to receive from our graduates. Here are a few of our trainers, they are not our only instructors, please visit the faculty page for a more complete list along with more information on our instructor’s credentials.