Advanced Pain Management Training
Advanced Training in Integrative Pain Management for the Spine including RF Ablation, Spinal Cord Stimulation, and Stem Cell Therapies
It is all too common that primary care physicians and other specialists come across patients suffering from very painful joint and extremity conditions. The bulk of these conditions can be treated easily, in-office, and are simple for physicians to learn and perform, but many haven’t yet learned the skills needed to perform them. The risk associated with these treatments is minimal, and the procedures themselves are often rewarding to both your patients and your practice. Whatever the reason you wish to expand your practice’s pain management procedures (to differentiate yourself from other practices, to add revenue streams, or to offer specialized treatments for your patients’ specific needs), our advanced pain management training course is aimed at getting you ready to do just that.
- Cervical Epidurals and Cervical Facet Joint Injections for use in patients who wish for a non-surgical option for neck pain
- Spinal Cord Stimulation (SCS) for use in patients with chronic neuropathic pain, when conservative treatments have failed (i.e. back surgery).
- Morphine (Intrathecal) pump therapies as alternatives to patients with chronic pain.
- RFTC (Radio Frequency Thermal Coagulation) for use in patients suffering from axial pain
Learn more about Advanced Pain Management
These procedures are rising to the forefront of treatment for chronic pain. With the courses in Advanced Pain Management Training, attendees will receive full comprehensive education on these procedures, their many applications, patient selection and criteria, symptom diagnoses, and various treatment options.
We want you to have complete confidence in yourself and your practice at the end of your pain management course, with the goal of not only teaching you about the procedures, but also giving you hands-on lessons in how to perform them. You will be guided through step-by-step instruction of injection techniques, equipment handling and maintenance, safety protocols, and pre/intra/post-op procedures.
These non-prescription methods of pain management treatment are in increasingly high demand from patients as they present new, more cost-effective, and longer lasting treatment options. These procedures are beneficial to you, as a physician, in that they provide you with an additional, lucrative revenue stream for your practice. We also include business training with our pain management courses so that you can learn exactly how to fit these procedures into your practice. Learn how to bill to insurance, how to price the procedures effectively, and how to market these useful pain management procedures to your patients.
Pain Management Training Objectives
Upon Completion of this program, the physician should be able to:
- C-Arm Fluoroscopy Training at the Albert Einstein College of Medicine
- Expand your current pain management practice to include the sub specialty services outlined in our advanced pain management training workshop as well as attract new and existing patients using proven business and marketing methods.
- Be able to evaluate the patient with chronic pain, understand the need or desire for these advanced procedures and how they will benefit your patients.
- Gain a thorough understanding of the various pathologies and treatment options available for your patients for these specialty procedures. Learn to safely and effectively administer the latest pain management procedures utilizing established protocols and the latest technologies available. Utilize specific methods for compliance to help ensure correct procedure and help prevent over-utilization of services.
- Develop and acquire new skills relating to your pain management practice using models and/or cadavers for the training and application of these procedures.
- Employ methods to ensure the appropriate and consistent reimbursement for each high paying procedure.
- Properly code each procedure adhering to strict medical necessity and patient selection criteria.
Our PHYSICIAN TRAINERS AND SPECIALISTS are highly credentialed in Aesthetics, Anti Aging, Medicine, Pain Management, and Surgery. The AAOPM has worked with these instructors for many years and we are happy with the positive feedback we continue to receive from our graduates. Here are a few of our trainers, they are not our only instructors, please visit the faculty page for a more complete list along with more information on our instructor’s credentials.