Dermal fillers are the second most requested non-surgical cosmetic procedure performed in the United States with over 4 million injections annually. Physicians and medical professionals are excited about attending a Dermal Filler Training workshop to learn these lucrative procedures for their practices. Soft tissue augmentation procedures have increased over 7% per year for each of the last five years and patient satisfaction associated with these procedures is over 90% since the results are immediate and long lasting. The same patient population that receives Botox® injections tends to be the same candidates for these dermal filler injections. The average professional fee for administration of a single syringe of fillers is $350 to $400 which makes dermal fillers a simple, safe, and rewarding aesthetic procedure to integrate within your practice. Dermal filler injections are safe and easy to perform.
The A.A.O.P.M. Comprehensive Dermal Filler Training is designed for physicians, dentists, nurses, and other healthcare professionals to treat a number of areas for soft tissue augmentation including:
- FDA Approved Naso-Labial Fold area
- Lip Augmentation (plump and outline)
- Cheek Augmentation
- Pre-jowl Sulcus
- Fine Lines
- Marionette Lines / Extended Laugh Lines
- Tear Trough (eye hollow)
- Submalar Hollow
Dermal Filler Training Workshop
Dermal fillers are typically used to eliminate contrast within the face and soften certain facial features to give a pleasant, youthful appearance. A large portion of the program will concentrate on technique as well as the steps to properly evaluate patient needs concerning dermal fillers. At an AAOPM Dermal Filler training event you will not only receive a plethora of training materials, learning aids, and reference material you can use later on, but also quality instruction from our Physician specialists in Aesthetics who will share with you their expertise and pearls in performing these techniques. Attendees who complete an A.A.O.P.M Dermal Filler training program will be certified to perform these procedures in their office setting. (Please check with your local state board for additional regulations).
Our instructors will direct you through the consultation process, syringe conservation, and in performing these procedures effectively for the various facial areas. The A.A.O.P.M has successfully graduated well over 30,000 medical professionals due in part to the intensive training that is required during the hands on component of the workshop. Each attendee is required to demonstrate proficiency in the new procedure in order to receive their certification. There are over 300 dermal fillers worldwide but only a few dermal fillers are FDA approved for use in the United States. As part of your training you will receive a matrix of the various dermal fillers available including the recommended use for the following products:
- Hyaluronic Acid – HA (i.e. Restylane®, Juvederm Ultra®, Belotero Balance® and others)
- Calcium Hydroxylapatite – CaHa (Radiesse®)
- Poly-L-Lactic Acid – PLLA (Sculptra®)
- Polymethyl Methacrylate – PMMA (Artefill®)
- Autologous Fat
- Human and Bovine Collagen (i.e. Cosmoderm®, Cosmoplast®)
The A.A.O.P.M. Comprehensive Dermal Filler Training provides for “hands-on” training as part of the workshop. Attendees will need to show that they are comfortable performing each procedure during the injection portion of the training and will have ample time to work on and oversee procedures directly on volunteers. All costs associated with the medicines are included with your tuition as well as all manuals, administrative forms, marketing materials, and other ancillary materials needed for you to integrate these procedures within your practice.
The didactic portion of the program will go over all protocols, possible contraindications, complications, injection techniques, and procedural skills needed to perform these injections. Our expert staff of physicians and other specialists will supervise your injections to ensure you have learned the technique correctly and are completely satisfied with the program.
Dermal Filler Training Objectives
Upon successful completion of the A.A.O.P. M. Comprehensive Dermal Filler Training each attendee will become proficient and gain a full understanding of the following:
- Learn the various types of patient presentations and the potential benefits of dermal filler injections. Be able to explain the options available to the patient and likely expectations. Understand the various types of dermal fillers available and their recommended use and volume for enhancement.
- Demonstrate techniques and procedures in Dermal Filler injections and receive your certification.
- Understand that dermal fillers are for areas of contrast or deficit (reduced volume), from an aesthetic perspective be able to effectively evaluate the patient needs, give recommendations, and be able to perform these tissue augmentation procedures.
- Learn the various specific protocols for different facial areas including technique and volume for the different dermal filler products labeled for use in the United States.
- Acquire technical expertise through the hands-on training portion of the program to be able to perform these injections for the various facial areas.
- Learn how to integrate these procedures within your practice. Gain a full understanding of how to acquire, market, and effectively price and package these products to your patients.
- Receive marketing techniques, materials, and a general understanding of the aesthetic market and other “cash basis” procedures that can be safely administered within your practice. Learn how to create “Patients for Life” as it relates to aesthetics.