About the American Academy of Procedural Medicine
Why Choose Us?
The A.A.O.P.M has trained thousands of physicians and medical professionals over the past 14 years. Probably the most reliable way to evaluate a company’s performance is to watch your colleagues and see what they have to say about our training programs. Here are just a few videos taken from live events.
How It All Began
The A.A.O.P.M was created in 1998 by a group of physicians and other health care consultants to serve as a valuable resource for Medical Practitioners of all specialties. Although workshops are scheduled just about every weekend throughout the entire United States (and Asia and South America), The A.A.O.P.M corporate training facility is located in Sunny Fort Lauderdale, Florida where we can be contacted directly.
The A.A.O.P.M has successfully trained nearly 50,000 health care professionals, more than any other procedural training organization in the United States. The A.A.O.P.M. is the most imitated organization, however, the only organization to have the resources and physician staff to successfully develop and deliver the quality training that we have aspired to give our attendees since our inception over 15 years ago.
The American Academy of Procedural Medicine is recognized for the Certification pathways available in Aesthetics, Medicine, Pain Management, Anti Aging, Weight Management Medicine, and Surgery. Two options are available for the student to choose from; upon successful completion of a workshop program, attendees will be awarded their completion certification. For those who want the added recognition and distinction have the option to pursue the Board Certification Pathway and become Board Certified in their chosen specialty. Board Certification requirements are described beneath the certification tab but generally physicians must attend designated courses, complete online practical exams and successfully complete their written and oral exam. After the 6-month fellowship, Physicians are eligible to sit for the board exam and become certified.
Faculty and Staff
The A.A.O.P. M is a full time organization with a dedicated staff of personnel working behind the scenes at our corporate headquarters in Sunny Fort Lauderdale, Florida. From our main center our team ensures everything is prepared correctly so that training materials, handouts, instructional video DVDs, consent forms, charts, documented protocols, and all our materials are available and distributed to each student. As medicine is constantly evolving, The A.A.O.P.M ensures the information you are provided is the most accurate and up to date.
Physician Advisory Board and Instructors
The A.A.O.P.M advisory board work diligently at creating your training materials and certification criteria to ensure you have received the best training possible in your specialty.
The quality of any training event is completely dependent on the performance of our instructors. Our instructors are top notch in their field but most importantly, are exceptional at teaching. A very well credentialed physician does not necessarily translate to a great teacher. Our advisory board carefully reviews the evaluations we receive after each and every workshop to make sure the audience was pleased with the performance of each instructor.
Training Programs Are Not Created Equal
The A.A.O.P.M has been providing training and education to Physicians for over 15 years and has successfully graduated over 30,000 individual.
Similar to a University, we offer training programs and topics in many different areas of medicine so that you have more options to choose from and are able to receive the most complete training in one place.
Hands on Training- The A.A.O.P.M has pioneered this type of training and our Physician staff closely supervises each attendee during the actual procedure. Students have completed the hands on component of the training when they feel adequately prepared, AND when a Physician instructor evaluates the performance and skill of the student. Students will not be awarded a completion certification unless they can properly demonstrate proficiency in a given procedure. Lastly, we have worked with the same instructors for the past 15 or so years. Our teachers are dedicated and care about each of the participating students. At an A.A.O.P.M event it is very common to see instructors working past 7 or 8:00pm with 2 or 3 students who have extra questions and request a little extra help.
Resources- The A.A.O.P.M does not only provide workshops and seminars, but also provides resources to find other valuable tools to use in your practice.
Instructional Videos- The A.A.O.P.M maintains a professional video graphic team to videotape all live events for attendees to view later. Instructional videos are available for you to watch procedures and to learn new techniques. Our video library is available for everyone at NO COST.
- Forms, Consents, Treatment Tables, Protocols- Members have access to our vip section where you can download special forms to use in your office.
- Career Placement- The A.A.O.P.M offers one of the most effective career placement programs in the entire nation. Utilizing our physician database of over 100,000 members, we “match” employees with employers throughout the country. Prospects must complete their online profile after which we use a proprietary software to match your designated preferences with those of other searchers.
- Overhead Reduction Program- That’s right! We even have a program to help you reduce your overhead. As a large purchasing group we have partnered with HENRY SCHEIN and many other important companies to create a program especially for our members. Again, there is absolutely no additional fee and you can begin saving on your routine purchases just by letting us know.
- Marketing Support- The A.A.O.P.M contracts with a web marketing company to provide web and internet marketing services for our own company and others who wish for this type of support. Again, all you have to do is ask. Not all of the web/internet marketing support is free but the advise, support, and evaluation of your own website and competitors web site is free.
- Ongoing Consultation- Forgot a dosage or treatment protocol? Wish to speak with an instructor? You may contact our corporate training facility and arrange a phone consultation with one of our instructors at no charge.
Industry Unique Satisfaction Guarantee
Currently the only Educational Organization who can provide our unique guarantee: If you are not satisfied or believe you need additional hands on experience just let us know! We will arrange a one on one preceptorship with an instructor at NO COST TO YOU. (More specifically, no tuition).
Industry Unique Money Back Guarantee
That’s right, The A.A.O.P.M offers a 100% money back guarantee if for any reason you are not satisfied with the training. Somewhat unusual in the industry; however, we know with our 15 plus years of experience that our attendees do not request refunds because they receive quality training and are happy. If however you are one of the few, just let us know by midday and return your books and materials and you will be issued a refund.
Physician Advisory Board to the American Academy of Procedural Medicine
William McMunn, D.D.S., M.D.
- Board Certified Facial Plastic Surgeon
- MD- Columbia University
- D.D.S.- University of Texas
Residency in Facial Cosmetic Surgery- Columbia Presbyterian Medical Center
- Diplomat of the American Board of Oral and Maxilofacial Surgery
- Diplomat of the American Board of Cosmetic Surgery
Anne Roberts, MD
- Board Certified Internal Medicine
- Fellowship Anti Aging, Bariatric Medicine
- MD – Yale University School of Medicine
- B.S. – John Hopkins University
Residency – Mayo Clinic, St. Paul, MN
Elias Benhamou, MD
- University of Paris Val-De-Mame, Uer De Creteil, Creitel, France
Baylor College of Medicine
Saint Vincent Medical Center, New York City
- Anesthesiology Fellowship:
United Hospital Medical Center, New York City
- Hospital Affiliations:
West Houston Medical Center
Memorial Hermann Southwest Hospiral
Houston Anesthesiologists, Houston, TX
Additional Offices in Bellaire, Victoria, and Baytown, TX
Compassionate Doctor Recognition: 2010
Patients’ Choice Award: 2008-2011
James Avellini, MD
- Board Certified General Surgery
- MD: State University of New York
- Medical Director Kings County Hospital
Ayyaz M. Shah, D.O.
- Family Practice Residency:
Massapequa General Hospital/ Wyckoff Heights Medical Center/ N.Y. Hospital/ Cornell
University Medical Center; Long Island/Brooklyn/Manhattan, July 1995- June 1997
St. Barnabas Hospital/ N.Y. Hospital/ Cornell University Medical Center;
Bronx/Manhattan, June 1994-1995
- Medical School:
New York College of Osteopathic Medicine; Old Westbury, N.Y.
Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine, May 1994
Lehman College of the City University of New York; Bronx, N.Y.
Ivan Rusilko DO, CSN, PT
- Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine (Erie, Pennsylvania) – Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine
- BA Health Biology (Erie, Pennsylvania) – Mercyhurst College
Ernest Roman, MD
- Universidad De Monterrey, Facultad De Medicina
- Trenton Affiliated Hospitals
Stephen Cosentino, DO
- DO: Nova Southeastern University
- Internship: Mt Sinai, New York City
- Family Practice Residency: Mt Sinai, New York City
- Board Certified Family Medicine